COVID-19 Safety Information
At Co-Decode we take the safety of our visitors and colleagues very seriously. We have implemented a number of changes to the way we operate to allow us to reopen in a COVID-secure manner.
We are constantly monitoring the situation and updating our website so you can find everything you need to know before visiting here.
Things to know before you book:
- Where possible, bookings should be made in advance online via our website. Last-minute bookings can be made over the phone, subject to availability. If you only wish to browse our selection of take home games (UNLOCK!, EXIT, DECKSCAPE, etc.) then please call in advance to arrange a time to visit.
- All players on a team should be from the same household or social bubble.
- Visitors aged 11+ are required to wear a FACE MASK or covering for the duration of their visit (including in the game rooms).
- Our waiting area/lobby is currently unavailable because one of our game control stations is located there. As such, non-participants will not be able to wait on-site while a game is in progress and should make other arrangements. We apologise for any inconvenience this might cause.
Things to know before you arrive:
- If you or any member of your team is displaying any COVID symptoms, you MUST NOT visit. We can re-book your game for another day at no additional charge, subject to availability and at least 12 hours notice.
- Teams should arrive at the time stated on their booking confirmation email (or no more than 5 minutes beforehand).
- Visitors will be expected to use our alcohol-gel hand sanitising stations before and after their game.
- Toilets and full hand-washing facilities are located at BSS House reception.
- We are only able to accept cashless or contactless payments.
- Teams may be asked to provide information to assist with NHS Test and Trace.
Other Safety Measures:
- As usual, all game bookings are private – it is only ever you and your team in the room together.
- Enhanced cleaning will take place between each game focusing on touch-points such as door handles, locks and hands-on props. Communal areas will also be cleaned regularly. A reduced number of game slots means that we will not have to rush our cleaning procedure.
- Anti-viral air purifiers in the game rooms to refresh the air between every game.
- Game times are now staggered to prevent two different teams arriving at once and we have implemented a one-way system through the unit.
- Games hosts will wear visors and maintain a safe distance while giving the rules & safety briefing. In-room story briefings will now be given via pre-recorded video.
- Our front game control station has been installed with a hygiene screen.
- Lockers will be unavailable, but you can take belongings into the game rooms where there will be space to set them aside while you play.
Following Government guidance, our safety measures have been implemented with the intention of minimising the risk of contracting the Covid-19 virus. We cannot remove this risk entirely and so anyone visiting Co-Decode Live Escape Games does so at their own risk.