Let us bring the fun to you!
You are a band of pirates, hungry for treasure and ready to steal it!
Rumour has it that Captain Bartholomew, a pirate with far too much gold for one person, is currently hiding out on Tortuga.
Capture the Captain, sail across the seas, and find the buried treasure!
Captain's Treasure is a deluxe portable game for private hire, lovingly hand-crafted by us.
The game consists of 5 wooden crates that hide fiendishly clever challenges and built-in mechanisms, which you will discover as you play in the comfort of your own home. We won’t be there to run the game for you, but we have designed an easy to use self-service hint system. So if you do get stuck there will always be help at hand.
And what would a pirate game be without its treasure? On completing the game you’ll be rewarded with a cache of chocolate pirate coins to share among the victors!
How does it work?
- You get the game for a 24-hour game hire period at a cost of £100.
- It can take anywhere between 2.5 to 4 hours to play, depending on experience. Please make sure you have set aside enough time and don’t have to rush through. We strongly recommend budgeting an entire afternoon. The story unfolds in two acts, so you can choose to take a break in the middle – or simply continue with the puzzles if you’re on a roll.
- A £50 refundable security deposit will be required 24 hours before your hire commences (card payment only).
- Local delivery/collection in Swindon is free within a 5-mile radius of SN2 2PJ; between 5 and 20 miles there is an additional charge of £1 per mile. For enquiries to deliver beyond 20 miles, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you need to know
- This game is designed for teams of up to 5 players and is suitable for families. We recommend a minimum age of 12+ when playing with one or more adults; the game is not suitable for children’s parties due to its complexity. Also, please be aware that there are small pieces that could present a choking hazard for babies/toddlers/pets.
- We recommend playing the game in a well-lit room where you have plenty of space to move around the crates and explore their contents. As it includes many wooden and fabric props, the game should only be played in a smoke-free indoor environment.
- Please be aware that the unopened wooden crates are reasonably large and heavy – the largest is 59cm(w) x 42cm(d) x 26.5cm(h) and weighs 16kg
For the safety of our staff and customers, please be aware of these additional COVID-19 precautions:
- If anyone in your household is experiencing Covid-19 symptoms or is self-isolating then you must inform us to rearrange your booking.
- When a booking is made we remove adjacent time slots from the booking calendar. This allows us suitable time to sanitise the props in between games, while keeping the online booking system flexible.
- Payments by card online preferred.
- We will arrange contactless delivery and collection – customer pick-up/drop-off at our unit is not available at this time.
PLEASE NOTE: We recently built a shortened version of this game for Live Escape Salisbury called ‘Pieces of Eight’. While Captain’s Treasure has additional content, the other puzzles are identical so we do not recommend playing both games.