Parts of this document have been adapted from a template available from SEQ Legal (https://seqlegal.com).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you visit our website:
- Technical information about your device and browser, including your device ID, internet protocol (IP) address, geographical location data and time zone setting, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths. In addition, any information that you post to our website for publication on the internet, including username, profile pictures and the content of your posts.
When you contact us via email, through our website or over the phone:
- Any information that is necessary to respond to a query or to take further action following a communication. This can include any personal and contact information that you might provide such as title, name(s), address, email, telephone number(s), date of birth, gender, employer and role for teambuilding events, and details of physical or mental disabilities where they are relevant to taking part in our games. We may keep details (and copies) of your communications and interactions with us, including telephone voice recordings.
When you make a booking to play one of our games or purchase any of the other products that we offer for sale, either online, over the phone or in person:
- Personal and contact information, including your full name, email address, telephone number(s), postal address and details of how you found out about us. Transactional details, including payments made by you and refunds made by us, as well as details of previous and current booked games or purchased gift voucher codes. Financial information including your payment card and bank account details – these details are directly and securely sent to Stripe, our online payment processor, and are not stored by us.
When you sign up to our newsletter:
- First name, last name, email address and your consent to receive marketing communications.
When you visit our premises or take part in one of our experiences:
- CCTV footage (including audio within our game rooms) and camera images (team photos), which when processed may include information about behaviours and personal appearance.
When you request from us access to personal information held about you:
- Personal and contact information, including your full name, email address, telephone number(s), postal address, as well as copies of documents provided by you in order to prove your identity, including driving license and passport, and proof of address.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
How – to administer our business and enable your use of the services available on our website;
Why – necessary for the performance of a contract with you, and for our legitimate interests (to keep our records accurate and up to date);
How – to help train new staff members;
Why – necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure that we are able to provide the best service to you).
How – to supply and send to you services or goods purchased through our website, as well as to send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and to collect payments from you;
Why – necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
How – to enter you into a prize draw or competition, and contact winners to deliver prizes;
Why – necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
How – to send you non-marketing commercial communications, to collect customer feedback via TripAdvisor’s ‘Review Express’ service, and to respond to queries or complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
Why – necessary for the performance of a contract with you, and for our legitimate interests (to respond and deal with any requests, and to assess and improve our website, escape room experiences, and business in general so that we are able to provide the best service to you).
How – to send you our email newsletter if you have actively opted-in to receive it;
Why – necessary for our legitimate interests (to share important news and relevant information where you have requested it).
How – to provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
Why – necessary for our legitimate interests (to measure online interactions with our business, and to develop our business and inform our marketing strategies accordingly).
How – to keep our website secure, prevent fraud and verify compliance with the terms and conditions which govern the use of our website;
Why – necessary to comply with a legal obligation, and for our legitimate interests (to ensure transactions and interactions with us are not fraudulent).
How – to conduct our publicity activities, for example publishing team photos on social media sites (with your consent, where not already covered in our booking Terms and Conditions);
Why – necessary for our legitimate interests (publicity).
How – to verify your identity when you request from us access to personal data held about you;
Why – Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
How – to monitor players (via CCTV) while they are playing our games;
Why – necessary for our legitimate interests (to allow us to run our escape games effectively and provide in-game assistance to players, for maintaining the security of our property and premises, and to prevent and investigate crime).
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. This information is disclosed on a strict need-to-know basis and only insofar as it is necessary for the purposes described in this policy. These trusted third parties are as follows:
- Our employees – to allow us to manage our games effectively and efficiently (for example, to contact players who are late for their game).
- Postal and courier companies – to allow us to send products purchased through our website or over the phone.
- Our professional advisors (including insurers, accountants, auditors and lawyers) – for us to receive accurate consultancy and business services.
- Social media sites and our website hosting platform – for us to periodically publish team photos online.
- Digital analytics providers – to measure and report on online interactions with our business for the purpose of developing our business and informing our marketing strategies.
- Cloud service providers – for website hosting, bookings and email management.
- TripAdvisor’s ‘Review Express’ service – to collect feedback that will help us to improve our customer experience.
- Public relations agencies (with your consent) – to manage external communications about us and competition winners.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- to police or regulatory authorities as part of their investigations;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE UK
We may need to transfer your personal data to third parties located outside of the UK. If this is the case, we will ensure that the personal data is protected to a level that meets the requirements of UK law.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information, including the following measures:
- Personal information you provide will be stored on our secure servers (password and firewall protected);
- Our website is accessed using HTTPS, meaning that all information sent and received is encrypted. The HTTP version of our website automatically diverts to this more secure HTTPS version. You can confirm this by looking for the green padlock icon in the address bar of your browser;
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology; and
- We follow PCI-DSS compliance when dealing with card payments.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. This includes for the performance of a contract with you, for satisfying legal obligations, and for accounting and reporting requirements.
With respect to legal obligations, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Once it has fulfilled the purposes we collected it for, your personal data will either be deleted or made anonymous (so that it can no longer be associated with you as an individual) and kept solely for statistical purposes.
You have the right to instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
- In the first instance you should send a request in writing FAO (for the attention of) the ‘Data Protection Officer’ at the postal address listed with our contact details below.
- This request should include your full name and email address and a description of the data that you are requesting, including a date range.
- The provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- Subject to being able to verify your identity and comply with any other legal obligations, we will complete your request within 30 days of receipt of all required documentation.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You have the right to ask us not to use or process your personal data for marketing purposes.
- You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time, either via sending an email to the address listed with our contact details or by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of the newsletter email itself.
You have the right to ask for the personal data we hold about you to be updated if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
In some circumstances you may be entitled to ask us:
- to delete personal data we hold about you before it has fulfilled the purposes we collected it for;
- to restrict the processing of your information; and
- for data portability.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. We may use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use a number of local cookies, as summarised below:
- our website offers payment facilities for which some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages and processed properly;
- when you submit data through the contact form on our contact pages, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence; and
- cookies are used to determine your device type (e.g. desktop / tablet / phone), which is important so that we can bring you the version of our website that best suits the device you are using.
- our website uses Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel – widespread and trusted analytics solutions – to help us to understand how you use the website, track conversions and identify ways in which we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the website and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel cookies, see their respective official pages; and
- our website uses social media buttons and/or plugins that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, certain social media websites (including Facebook and Twitter) will set cookies through our website which may be used to enhance your profile on their website or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
The services mentioned above can operate through third party requests, i.e. requests that are made from a user to an external service. Despite the fact that these requests don’t set any cookies, you should be aware that they can still transfer privacy information to third parties.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; however blocking or deleting all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on our website and you may have to re-enter information that was previously stored as a cookie.
The links below provide more information about controlling cookies on your desktop and mobile device:
- Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Internet Explorer – https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
- Safari – https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
- Android Chrome – https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
- Apple iOS Safari – https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
This website is owned and operated by Dr Alex Mulhall T/A Co-Decode Live Escape Games. Our principal place of business is at Unit 35C, BSS House, Cheney Manor Industrial Estate, Swindon, SN2 2PJ.
You can contact us:
- by post, using the postal address given above;
- using a contact form on our website;
- by telephone, on the contact number published on our website; or
- by email, using firstname.lastname@example.org
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. Where appropriate, we will notify you of the changes when you next visit our website.